The Sober Baker
Bread and pizza
We are all busy, but there is always time to make good bread and pizza. Here are some of the tricks and tips I am learning on this journey. Enjoying what I can accomplish while being sober.
- Sobriety: 2 InsightsI understand that everyone’s journey is completely different, but here are two big things I have learned on my sobriety journey: 1. Be honest with yourself. Definitely easier said than done. This one took me years. Chances are that if you have to ask yourself if there is a problem, there probably is one. 2.Continue reading “Sobriety: 2 Insights”
- Sourdough Success!!!It finally happened! It took two weeks but it happened! Now to bake something delicious!
- Pizza Margerita… Coming soon…
- Outside the boxAt this point I have nothing to lose so I tried something different when it came to feeding time for my starter. This time I took 30 grams of my starter and dissolved it in 60 grams of water. I let it sit for about five minutes and it was very bubbly and active. IContinue reading “Outside the box”
- Simple Pizza DoughOne of the things I love about making bread and pizza dough is the magic of gluten development. Four ingredients and a little technique and patience and voila! This is one of the simplest pizza dough recipes but it will make a great hand tossed pizza. Simple Pizza Dough Recipe Ingredients Flour – 420 gramsContinue reading “Simple Pizza Dough”